Glad to be home on the internet!
Apparently, much drama has happened in my absense (damn, I can't leave you guys for a week without the whole internet seeming to explode in flames!), which may be expanded on later (disclaimer: if/when I feel like it); also a few interesting papers out, including a phylogeny of Noctilucoids, that may also be covered later, if I get around to it.
By almost back, I mean there's a bit of a problem with regards to blogging this week:
- Catch up on seminar course stuff... o_O (esp. marking schemes, assignments, etc)
- Dept seminar talk by this guy =D
- Midterm #1
- Midterm #2
(above three events on the same day, immediately following one another!)
- Make a poster. For Saturday. This is my first time ever. I usually do talks. Shit.
- Prepare a talk. For Saturday. Completely unrelated to poster.
- Freak out over the entire panel for aforementioned talk, since we're doing it together as the seminar class. As a coordinator, everything and anything will be automatically my fault...
- I have a job, apparently. Right. Try to remember what the hell it is they pay me to do at said job... and srsly catch up on my research. I can't fall behind any further!!!
- Guest lecturers for aforementioned seminar course.
- Readings for said seminar course. Which means, find them again, distribute them, and read them myself too.
- The loathsome coursework thing.
And of course, extracurricular plans + obligations, which all seem to congregate at the same time as 'intracurricular' plans + obligations.
Oh, and all those emails I've been rather abysmal at replying to in a timely manner. Sorry!
Then I'll post some protists, and update both the Tree of Eukaryotes, and the Foram Expansion Pack. I haven't been ignoring the comments, honest!
Oh, off topic: I own Grell's (1973) Protozoology now. It cost me an arm and a leg, but well worth it! Also, someone can get his copy back now, after I've been hoarding it for about a year... ^.^ But yeah, I can now blog about the awesome stuff in that awesome book! =D
Ok, back to remembering what it is that I do here. Must. Not. Look. At. To-do list... AAAH!
The Volcano as Crematory - Paolo Gorini´s strange geological-anatomical experiments
13 hours ago in History of Geology